Understand the importance of working safely
Because everyone at work deserves to understand about safety and health – that’s why we train up to 179,000 people each year.
A day can make such a difference… Working Safely is a one-day course for people at any level, in any sector, that will boost business performance and staff motivation. How? Simply by showing how everyone can enhance their safety, health and wellbeing through everyday behaviours. This is a completely different approach to safety and health training: a high-impact programme designed to be fun and inclusive. No jargon, no legalese – just inspirational learning that’s enjoyable, stimulating and effective.
If you are a training provider interested in delivering the Working Safely course please visit the IOSH trainer network area.
Anyone – and everyone – in a working role who wants to learn the basics of safety and health.
Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to work safely
- Peace of mind from training that’s designed and quality controlled by us
- Flexibility of delivery that suits your business
- Internationally recognised and respected certification
- Efficient and effective learning – health, safety and environmental basics covered in a single programme
- Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies
- Modules backed by clear examples and recognisable scenarios
- Summaries to reinforce key points
- Checklists and materials supplied for subsequent use in workplace
- Informal and interactive quizzes and discussions
- Evaluation using a multi-format question paper and a multiple choice hazard spotting exercise
- Choice of IOSH Working Safely certificate and/or the IOSH Safety Passport as proof of qualification
Minimal disruption – the programme is delivered in just one day (including assessment)
- Greater productivity – fewer hours lost to sickness and accidents
- Improved organisation-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Internationally recognised certification for employees
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
Recognised by CSCS as equivalent to a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- Ensures delegates can define hazards and risks
- Ensures delegates can identify common hazards
- Improves overall safety performance
- Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Working Safely certiﬁcate and/or IOSH Safety Passport
“Working Safely has really helped me engage with the guys who work here. And it’s introduced safety on a personal level. They get to grips with the fact that people actually do care about it. And it’s also given me insight as to what the guys face on a day-to-day basis. Some delegates are quite sceptical to start with and then you see the perception change through the day. I’d say, 99% leave happy that they’ve been on the course.” Andy Hall, Health and Safety Advisor, DFDS Seaways PLC, Immingham, UK
Read how other businesses have benefited.