Essential learning for senior leaders
Responsible leaders recognise the importance of safety and health – and can learn its true value in just five hours…
Your time is precious. That’s why we’ve designed our Leading Safely course to cover precisely what you need to know to improve productivity, increase profits, enhance corporate reputation and strengthen your brand. Leading from the front with enhanced safety and health practices could be the best investment you make.
If you are a training provider interested in delivering the Leading Safely course please visit the IOSH trainer network area.
Anyone in a senior management or leadership role.
Short duration of five hours to sync with your busy schedule
- Designed in collaboration with business leaders to deliver content that adds real value
- Flexible format to fit your needs – choose from five hours face-to-face learning, or three hours face-to-face learning plus online module
- Delegates benchmark their priorities against global models of safety
- Relevant case studies chosen to match your needs and sector
- Support before, during and after the course through the dedicated IOSH for Leaders app
Recognising the value of strategic safety and health and its integration into business management systems and performance management systems
- Understanding your safety and health responsibilities
- Appreciating the consequences of poor safety and health
- Planning the overall direction for safety and health in your organisation
- Understanding the importance of adequately resourcing your safety and health management system
- Knowing why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance
- Reduce accident rates, absence and sick leave
- Increased productivity and profits
- Improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
- Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
- Better business continuity
Sharpens your skill-set and makes you a more effective leader
- Creates understanding of good practice from around the world
- Enables bench-marking of your performance against others
- Shapes your safety and health vision
- Identifying steps to achieve your safety and health ambitions
"It really resonated with me about my responsibility as director and leader. I have a young family and I’d like to think that, when my child goes to work, their company takes as much responsibility as possible to ensure they can come back to me safely." Nick Beadle, Divisional Director - HR Operations, Arco Ltd
Read how other businesses have benefited.