IOSH Health and Safety Helpline

Woman in a phone call

Our friendly team of experts are here to help you with occupational health and safety advice, environmental issues free of charge. 

Members also have access to employment law advice - all you have to do is quote your membership number. 

Three ways to contact us: 

1. Call us on +44 (0)116 257 3199

2. Send us an email

3. Send a letter to: 

IOSH Health and Safety Helpline,
The Grange, Highfield Drive,
Wigston, Leicestershire,
LE18 1NN, UK.

Please give as much detail as you can about the specific health and safety advice that you need – including dates, references, relevant circumstances and so on, plus your full contact details.

We publish a number of free health, safety and environmental guidance documents that are available to download.

Recently asked questions

What kind of incidents should be recorded in the accident book? Should a migraine be recorded? 

The accident book should be used to record all accidents which cause personal injury to an employee therefore  something like a migraine would not need to be recorded.

What kind of incidents should be reported under RIDDOR? For example, would I have to report when an employee is working in a customers home has suffered a fright?   

Work related accidents which cause a reportable injury would need to be reported under RIDDOR therefore something like a fright would not need to be reported.

Read more of the recently asked questions.

Many thanks for your quick response to my concerns, it is very much appreciated - Quote, Technical Member
Thanks you so much for this response. I do not think you have left any stone unturned. Quote - Non-member
This is the first time I have had the occasion to use the technical advice team and I am really impressed. Quote - Affiliate Member
This is incredibly helpful, thank you so much for sending through the information - quote, non-member