IOSH the charity has been registered since 1962. Our main aim is to improve health and safety at work, and to support health and safety professionals who are dedicated to cutting down accidents and ill health at work.
Each year IOSH’s trading subsidiary, IOSH Services Ltd, makes a charitable monetary donation to support our charity status and activities.
Our charitable aims
- To promote ways to improve occupational health and safety
- To help IOSH members and the public exchange information and ideas
- To maintain and improve the professional status of IOSH members and people involved in improving health and safety at work
We offer free resources to help bosses, managers, workers, students, researchers and decision-makers in health and safety.
- We've published a range of technical guides, covering topics such as the rehabilitation of sick or injured workers, raising performance through training and competence, and serious incident response. All guides are free to download from our Books and resources section.
- The IOSH No Time to Lose campaign aims to get the causes of occupational cancer better understood and help businesses take action. Resources can be downloaded for free from the NTTL campaign website.
- We've produced a DVD to help train employees and visitors in airside health and safety requirements and hazard awareness in the UK aviation sector. Get the DVD, booklet and poster.
- Our free health and safety helpline handled almost 4,500 enquiries last year.
IOSH benevolent fund – financial aid for our members
IOSH offers help to its former and existing membership through the IOSH Benevolent Fund, which gives financial help to those suffering extended ill health, disability, or hardship during a prolonged period of unemployment. This support is also open to IOSH employees.