Man killed at Radiohead concert
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012
A Drum technician died at a Radiohead concert in Toronto in Canada after a stage fell on him.
As 33 year-old Scott Johnson, from Doncaster, was preparing for the show, the upper part of the stage fell on him, killing him and injuring three other people, according to paramedics.
The show at Downsview Park in Toronto was cancelled, although it had been sold-out.
On Sunday night Toronto's Fire Services Platoon Chief Tony Bellavance said concert officials were made aware of a person under the wreckage and fire crews helped to get him out.
Bellavance added: "It was a crushing injury that killed the man."
A spokesman for Toronto police Tony Vella, said the stage collapsed as the crew were setting it up.
Vella said: "They were setting up when the top portion collapsed on top of them. Unfortunately, four people were hurt. The remainder of the people, when they heard the stage coming down, ran from the area."
Later a police force spokesman tweeted that an investigation by the coroner and the Ministry of Labour would begin once the area had been deemed safe.
Copyright Press Association 2012