The national food and drink manufacturing conference 2013
This year's two-day residential conference is taking place on
Tuesday 08 and Wednesday 09 October 2013 at the Oxford Belfry Hotel
in Oxfordshire, and will address the most pressing health and
safety issues affecting the food and drink manufacturing
The programme is currently being developed.
It will cover a range of topical subjects,
- working at height from a site perspective
- MSD update and manual handling issues
- electrical safety DVD
- mindful safety, the physiology of safety and the psychology of
- legal developments.
There will be updates from the Food and Drink Federation (FDF),
the Health and Safety Executive's Manufacturing Sector
(HSE) and the IOSH Food and Drink Group, plus excellent
networking opportunities as usual and for the first time there will
be a panel debate featuring representatives from the FDF, HSE
and IOSH and a legal speaker.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jim Moseley, President, Food and Drink Federation
- Philip White, Head of Operational Policy and Strategy Division,
- Gerard Forlin, QC, Cornerstone Barristers
- Matthew Birtles, Senior Ergonomist, Health and Safety
- Shaun Dilks, 2 Sisters Food Group
- Tim Marsh, Managing Director, Ryder Marsh Safety Limited
- Mike Frain, Principal Consultant, Electrical Safety UK
- Jackie Wooldridge, IOSH Food and Drink Group
- Subash Ludhra, Immediate Past President, IOSH
- Peter Sargeant, Managing Director, Cambs Farms, The
- Anne Harriss, Reader in Educational Development and
Course Director, Workplace Health Management Programmes,
London South Bank University
- David Hazell, Safety and Environment Manager, Heineken UK
More information will follow soon.
Please keep checking this page for regular updates,
alternatively please register your interest (see below).
Register your interest
If you're interested in attending this year's conference, please
Events team on +44 (0)116 257 3378 and we'll send the brochure
to you in May when we start taking bookings.
National Food and Drink Health and Safety Awards
The 2013 awards will be launched at the Showcase event on 22 May
at the National Space Centre, Leicester, where a selection of the
2012 award entrants including winner Nicola Callaghan from
Nestle will talk about their initiatives. For more information
The awards, sponsored by the IOSH Food and Drink
Group, recognise innovative projects that have produced a
practical solution to, and made a positive impact on, a health and
safety problem in the sector.
If you're interested in entering or getting more
information about the awards, please
Littlejohns, Networks Officer on +44 (0)116 257 3248.
We're pleased to announce that the following companies are
sponsoring the 2013 conference:
If you're interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this year's
conference, please contact Colette Walley, Events
Please note, sponsorship for this event sells quickly, so get in
touch soon to avoid missing out.
The national food and drink manufacturing conference continues
to be organised by the IOSH Food and Drink Group, with support from
the HSE's Agriculture and Food Sector and the Food and Drink
Manufacture Health and Safety Forum.